Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Here's to February


A part of me believes that this month took forever to end but then when I look the other way it zoomed right on by. Where do I begin? January was definitely a great month and an awesome start to my year of redemption. It brought me new friends; new music, awesome shows, meeting the love of my life (John Gomez) and I think the best thing is that January brought me was the ability to take a rather huge step out of my comfort zone. 
I've been contemplating starting a music blog for quite awhile and as an aspiring music journalist I thought it would be wise to do so. Recently I've started Must Be the Music, where I have three entries to date but in all fairness today is day three of its existence. Entry one was just about the feeling I get being inside a venue before a live band; entry two was my first ever review of a concert, Everything’s Fine/ Symphony Soldier tour. My last entry was an interesting topic for me, a local band, RadioDriveBy, began a fundraiser to purchase a trailer to start touring and never did I ever expect to write something like that so easily.
Yesterday was the day I officially published to the public and I pretty much was a HUGE bowl of nerves. I was not expecting the reaction I received to Must Be the Music but at the same time I am glad that the reaction was positive rather than negative. Anyway for those who have been with me here at Music and Teacups, I thank you for your support and advise that you check out my new project here. :)
January you were amazing and for that I thank you, February be good to me!
xoxo,
alicia.


No comments:

Post a Comment