Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Feel Better Wednesday:Thanks for Nothing/Red Rubber Ball

I've decided to try something different this “Feel Better Wednesday”. As you all know I usually post songs that help a person who is feeling down feel better and I can only hope I've done well thus far. However I have decided to post a different song today, two songs actually, for myself and anyone else in a similar situation.
Today I saw a picture and if you use your head you’ll know what kind of picture I am talking about. Normally when I see this picture I give up and let life get the best of me and I know that it’s wrong to do so however it’s a part of the healing process. Anyway I saw this picture and I am extremely happy to say that it did not affect me in any sort of way. I’ve been waiting for this day, longer than I am proud to say actually but it’s here nonetheless and I am smiling a smile that I’ve missed.
It is truly insane how this process works and how long it takes but for those still recovering give these songs a listen. ‘Thanks for Nothing’ by The Downtown Fiction says “I know the sun still shines when you’re not around, I’m taking it easy on the worst part of town. And now I find that it wasn’t meant to last I have one thing I’d like to say and that’s ‘thanks for nothing, kiss my ass!’” I could not have said that any better myself.


The Streetlight Manifesto cover of ‘Red Rubber Ball’ says “Now I know you’re not the only starfish in the sea, if I never hear your voice again it’s all the same to me. And I think it’s going to be alright yeah the worst is over now and the morning sun is shining like a red rubber ball…” Though that is wonderful the end is my favorite part and it goes like this “The story’s in the past there’s nothing to recall, I’ve got my life to live and I don’t need you at all. The roller coaster ride we took is nearly at an end, I bought my ticket with my tears and that’s all I’m going to spend. And I think it’s going to be alright yeah the worst is over now and the morning sun is shining like a red rubber ball…” I don’t think there are words more true than the ones stated above.

Broken hearts are tough to deal with but in due time you’re going to be just fine and smile once more. Thank you for reading.
X’s and O’s,
alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment