Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blast From The Past: Senior Year!

My senior year of high school was a fairly easy one for me, since I took senior classes during my junior year the only class I ever stressed over was my calculus class. Other than that the year was a breeze. I remember walking around campus with my iPod on singing and “dancing” between
classes. For some strange reason every time I got out of my first class of the day Lolita by Mustard Plug would be the song to pop on as I was walking to the spot where my friends and I met before classes. Sure they would make fun of me because of my tendency to get into the music from time to time but could you blame me? Listen and enjoy!

Speaking of “the guys” as I referred to them, this particular song reminds me of my friend Anthony. I remember us sitting down at “our table” in the cafeteria waiting for the rest of the guys to join us as he was listening to his iPod. Then all of a sudden I was being forced to listen along with him and we sang along to I’m So Sick by Flyleaf, well me briefly due to laughter; another memory for the books.

This song is far from happy but because of an amazing friend named Ale it turned into my “happy song”. I remember going to culinary arts feeling a bit bummed and of course I didn’t want to talk about it so Ale decides to put on Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus. I found it to be extremely thoughtful because he is not one to listen to this particular genre and the fact that I liked this song made me happy. Thus evolving it to be my “happy song”, it’s always the thought that counts and of course makes for wonderful memories.

My senior year wasn’t one of my favorites but during this year I had learned new things and made friends that I thought would last a lifetime. I know now this to be false but at the time I didn’t know. All in all I graduated with honors and was on my way to Flagstaff, Arizona to the gorgeous Northern Arizona University.
X’s and O’s,
alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment