Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blast From The Past: Junior Year!

My junior year of high school had to be one of the best years of my life thus far. It was full of laughs and smiles, awesome friends and AMAZING music. This particular year my love of music was broaden a bit and I was introduced to the wonderful world of ska. I remember my first ska show like it was yesterday, Streetlight Manifesto and The Aquabats, it was the first time I
had ever stepped foot in the Marquee Theater and little did I know that I would be there a bazillion times more. But let’s rewind to a couple of months before that night. Streetlight Manifesto was the first ska band I was introduced to and I instantly fell in love with them. This was the first song I ever heard from this particular band, prepare to be blown away.

As I stated earlier, my favorite year of high school was definitely my junior year, I remember during winter nights the “gang” and I would go to the movies or have bonfires and just chill. Nights like those were the best; great friends, good food and amazing music. My favorite memory of those nights certainly had to be the night Josh Leija skanked on the the grill thingy which was placed upon the fire to this song. We definitely had some laughs after that moment and for me every time I hear this song, I think of that night.
Every two years the high school marching band goes on a trip to California. I remember walking pretty much eeeeeverywhere and just having fun at every amusement park we went to with my friends listening to this song. I don’t think it needs much of explanation, just enjoy the music.
Reflecting back on these memories I can't help but smile. I made amazing friends, went to amazing shows and couldn't have had a better school year during this time. If it were up to me I would back in a heart beat but unfortunately we have to grow up but thankfully I am left with the memories which I will continue to cherish day after day.
x's and o's
alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment