Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Nana!





Dear Nana,
It’s been thirteen years since you’ve been gone and there are no words to explain how much I miss you. Ever since I was eight years old I would hear stories about little girls and boys with their grandmothers and though I have my grandma, I was jealous of them. I was jealous because everyone had fun stories to tell and I longed for one as well. I too, wanted to spend time with my Nana and eat her delicious cooking; Lord knows I long for that but I know that that would never be possible.
It angers me that most people take their grandparents for granted and are nothing but rude to them, no one but God knows what I would do to have you back. I wish you were here to help me with life sometimes because truth be told I just don’t know what I am doing. Even if you didn’t know what to say, I know a simple hug from you would do the trick.
I know you would be proud of the girls and I for everything the things we’ve accomplished thus far. You are a wonderfully amazing lady and I wish Ernestina and Anna were old enough to remember you. I also wish Mindy would have been born so they could feel the way I feel about you. I miss you so much but I know you’re watching over us all and with that I am grateful because you’re our Guardian Angel. No one could ever take your place in my heart; I love you and miss you. Happy birthday Nana!


Infinite x’s and o’s,
Alicia 

No comments:

Post a Comment