Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gray skies and lullibies...


I have a special playlist for when I sleep, filled with Indie and Acoustic songs and maybe just a few others. I may seem weird to you but as I stated in a previous post I love making playlist for different moods and if you didn’t read that post, it is listed here.
The last song I heard last night as I was drifting off to dreamland was Old Mexico from The Summer Set, I went to bed around 10:30 pm. It was around 7:45ish when I woke up this morning and the first thing that filled my ears was Old Mexico. I listened more closely and heard the pitter patter of the rain on the window, which made me smile.
 I know a lot of people despise gray skies and the cold rain for reasons more than one, but I love it. There is something about that perfect shade of gray, the beautiful pictures you get out of it and that perfect playlist you’re listening to while enjoying the weather. Personally I would love for every day to be like today, a day like this is what makes my heart joyful. I am not a fan Christmas music exactly but this certain song is perfect; you know a song is beautiful when your eyes don’t get teary eyed because you don’t have a significant other. Even when there is couple stuff mentioned in the song, it’s beautiful song when you look at the rainy day sky and feel blissful. I live for days like this; the beautiful gray sky, the cold rain, the amazing soft music and me writing in pajamas and a long sleeve. Have a blessed day everyone.

xoxo,
-alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment