Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Maybe I do have a reason to write...

I doubt my writing sometimes. There are days when I wonder if posting what I do is the smart thing to do at that very moment. I wonder what people will say about me after posting though I know I shouldn’t. I also wonder if putting my life out there is wise. Then I consider deleting my blog all together and just forget I even tried, besides who is even reading it right?
During this past week I have received a few messages from girls ranging in the age of 16-19. Each message these girls stated to me the tough time they were going through over this year, they’re problems were so different yet the same. One even made me emotional because I have been there though I have not written about that exact subject; anyway the girls mentioned the fact that after reading my blog they felt a lot better knowing they weren’t alone in life. One mentioned that she was going through a breakup and felt alone, so alone that she had bad thoughts, she stated that after reading my blog she broke down cause she related to everything I had wrote. Another decided to spread my blog around twitter and advised people to read it, thank you for that.
Three girls decided to write me because of things I wrote, because in some way I managed to help them. I don’t know if there are other people who I have unknowingly helped but if I have I want you to know that YOU are the reason I write. YOU are the reason why I won’t stop because for all I know there is someone else out there who is deep emotional pain and in need.
If you are reading this I want to take the time to thank you for your support and to tell you that eventually things do get better. Even if you don’t support what I write, somehow it is helping someone and if I can help I know I am doing something right. Thank you and smile, for all you know a smile can be the light someone in the dark is in need of.
With love,
alicia.


No comments:

Post a Comment