Friday, November 4, 2011

A letter to my readers.

Dear readers,
                First and foremost I want to thank you for taking the time to read what I write, it means a lot. I don’t know why you read but thank you nonetheless. People have asked why I have chose to write what I do and I am going to try my best to explain why; bear with me.
People, no matter who you are, where you’re from, or what you’ve done (totally quoted Backstreet Boys right there, high five if you caught that), have gone through similar situations. Whether it may be overwhelmed from the stress of homework, family, broken hearts, friends or frustration in yourself, we have all experienced it. Unfortunately sometimes things can be so overwhelming that they don’t know how to handle it which usually results in evil thoughts. Trust me, I have been there.
Handling those days may be the hardest thing in the world at that very moment. You feel so alone and believe that your friends are gone, even if they are not your mind can be quite overpowering. I write because I know how it feels to feel alone, I know how it feels to lose someone you love, I know how it feels to stay up till 5 am writing an assignment and having to go to work two hours later. I also know how it feels to cry all night and feel like you’re at a dead end.
I write to tell you that you are not alone. I feel that sharing my experiences with you will prove to you that you are not going through this life alone, whether you are here in good ol’ Arizona with me or Italy. No matter where you are, I will always be here for you. As humans we often feel ashamed of letting someone see the side of us where we break down and cry but why is that? We are indeed humans, we do have feelings and letting them out helps us feel better, even if you don’t believe that at the beginning.
I know I am not the best writer in the world, hell I know I am not the best writer in Arizona but regardless of it all I try my best to help you from personal experiences. Do I care who people portray me to be because of it? No. There will always be someone talking about you and judging you no matter what you do but don’t let that stop you from going where you want to go. I write because I care.
If I have helped you in any way, I am glad. If I haven’t, then I apologize for my lack of advice but in the end all you have to do is believe. Believe that I am a great writer for one, totally kidding. Believe that you don’t have a bad life but that you’re only having bad day. Believe that tomorrow is a new day and believe that there is light at the end of that tunnel.
With love,
alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment