Monday, February 25, 2013

Maybe Tonight- HMK.

I swear to you, just when I thought I couldn't love The Summer Set any more than I already do, they do something even more amazing. Whilst lying in bed last night I was browsing on Facebook since you know, Twitter is out of the picture till Easter, and I came across The Summer Set’s status update announcing that they are the Half Moon Kids.

I was intrigued and a little lost but I decided to read what was written and I was not disappointed. Today I decided to go on the website where I then read the forums, read the movement and lastly watched the Maybe Tonight music video. I can’t even begin to express the amount of emotion that overcame me while watching this and I became inspired. The whole idea of the movement is to be there for someone and to share your story of pain and neglect and/or good times, that way you could be there for someone in need, someone who might need someone more than anything. You don't have to be hurting to be there for someone and to know that there is a place for you to go to tell people how you feel, especially fellow fans of the same band/ music is wonderful.
Knowing that a band like The Summer Set has gone above and beyond to start something as amazing as Half Moon Kids makes me so emotional because not too many bands/ artist have or will do something as noble as this. With the help of Half Moon Kids and The Summer Set, you’ll never be alone and that is what I love about the movement, the band and it as a whole.  I love that they’re encouraging fans to share their stories, share what they've been through and the fact that they’ll even communicate with you is nothing short than amazing to me.
I've used that word a tad bit too much during this entry but honestly, there is no other way to describe it. Well anyway, as I was watching the Maybe Tonight music video, it got me thinking about my own personal story about how TSS helped me. Remember yesterday when I wrote about how one day I hope to share that particular story as well as the story behind my Everything’s Fine tattoo and why those two words mean so much to me? Well thanks to The Summer Set/ Half Moon Kids, I’m going to share my story this week (next week at the latest). I don’t know what it is but I feel that maybe this was that nudge I needed, maybe this is the sign I was waiting for and maybe this is the story that can help others overcome their obstacles in life.
It'll come soon, I promise- stay tuned. As it says on the HMK's website, "Be Brave. Be Curious. Be Legendary." 
xoxo,
alicia.


2 comments:

  1. I don't know who you are and you certainly don't know me but after reading your writing I feel like I've known you forever. I can't wait to hear your story, you inspire me to be a better person and there needs to be more people like you in this world. Thank you for everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who you are and if you'll ever come back to read this but thank you so much,there need to be more people like YOU in this world. I'm so glad I could help but people like you are the reason I love writing, thank you so much.

      Delete