Sunday, February 24, 2013

Wake Up & Be Awesome, literally.

Does anyone remember when I last saw The Summer Set back in November at the The Rockshow at the End of the World tour? I wrote about how I met John Gomez at the end of the show and I gave him a letter telling them how much they meant to me but how I was wishing I would have told him instead.

Well Thursday night I saw The Summer Set on the first night of the Wake Up & Be Awesome tour and lucky for me I met them all once again, such sweet people. Anyway I had decided prior to the show that I would write another letter but this time adding a few more “something somethings” to the mix.
Coincidentally, this time John was the first one I met once again. I chatted with him, showed him my “Everything’s Fine” tattoo and then told him I wrote a letter about the meaning behind it. Much like last time, but unlike last time, as he took the letter from me it came to mind that this tour is in fact called "Wake Up & Be Awesome" so why not "Be Awesome" and do something I normally wouldn't, I've already woken up. So at that moment I decided to tell him what the letter said, more or less. It was honestly one of the best moments I've experienced in my life and the fact that he was so appreciative and gave me constant hugs while I was talking was amazing. I don’t know if the other members of the band will ever read the letter but to know that I got everything off my chest to one of them, without crying, is good enough for me. Not to mention the fact that John Gomez, is my favorite, well that just puts the cherry on top of a perfect night.
I can honestly say that there is no perfect moment than telling someone who’s music and words saved your life, that their music and words saved your life, whilst having a legitimate story. They did save me, they saved me from myself, they saved me from what could have happened and for that I am forever grateful. As cliché as it may sound, there is no other way I would have it.
Aside from that perfect moment in time, the rest of the band were sweet as sweet can be. Go Radio and We Are The In Crowd both put on a great show and well as for The Summer Set, let’s just say they have given me the worst case of post concert depression. The show was perfect;  they played old jams, covered Bruno Mar’s Locked Out of Heaven (which was AMAZING, might I add) and played new jams including my new favorite Legendary. My sister, her friend, my friend and I all had a blast and that’s what matters the most.
If any of you are fans, you should definitely attend a show when the tour comes your way, it will definitely be worth your time. Plus Paradise Fears and For The Foxes will be on the tour by then, so yeah fun times!
I’m done for the night, thanks for reading and I shall leave you with my recording of Legendary. Also I promise one day fairly soon, I will tell you all the story behind my Everything’s Fine tattoo as well as my other one, both have similar meanings. I don’t know what it is but I just feel like it’s time to share my story soon and when that time comes, I can promise you I’ll be ready.

xoxo,
alicia.


No comments:

Post a Comment