Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Twitter; where stalkers are born.

I have had a Twitter since July 10, 2010 but to be honest I never used it. It never made much sense to me of why I made it and what was the point of it all, so I just put it on the back burner. Fast forward to July 2011, I decided to see what the hush bub was all about so I logged on.

BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.
I began browsing around and started to notice a lot of my favorite bands, actors, comedians and authors all had twitters in which they used quite often. Of course I began following them, and then I realized that I had the app on my phone, another mistake. I began checking it often just because a band I am currently obsessing over, Hot Chelle Rae, was coming to Arizona in a few weeks and I wanted to see what they were up to and whatnot. Then I found that each member has their own individual twitter, this just makes me sound worse and worse. Anyway if there is one thing to say about twitter, it is that it creates stalkers; no joke. Though I cannot break away from it, I guess that makes me an obsessed stalker?
An awesome thing about it though, (not that stalking Hot Chelle Rae isn’t awesome), is finding people who share your interest. Like these past couple of days, I met three girls who share my love for this band. Granted we’re from different parts of the country and would probably never meet, it’s still nice to find people who share your interest despite the distance. Besides it works out perfectly because I am sure my friends and sisters are tired of hearing me obsess about these guys by now.
Aside from being an uber stalker, twitter is actually fun for posting random thoughts. You know how it’s annoying to see people update their Facebook status every five minutes? Well on Twitter, that is pretty much what you do. I think it and then I write it, I know I am lame but hey it helps keep me sane, as weird as that may sound. Sometimes posting these random thoughts that pop in my head or seeing a tweet from one of the people I follow help inspire me to write because I may or may not disagree with it.
Twitter is what you make of it, whether you choose to say what’s on your mind or stalk the heck out of bands, it’s a bowl of fun. No, Twitter is not paying me to say good things about them, though if they happen to read this, I LOVE TWITTER, just kidding. If you have a Twitter and are willing to put up with useless, pointless, and random tweets, you should follow me; @cherrycupcakeee. I know this post was COMPLETELY random and pretty much pointless but I haven’t written anything since September and writing is kind of my cup of tea. This is the pot and I am pouring you a cup; enjoy!


xoxo,
alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment