Friday, September 30, 2011

Wake up, September has ended...

Before September ended, I wrote about how excited I was for it to be here and how it was going to be a wonderful month. Was it? Sure, most things didn’t exactly go as planned but that’s life for you. However I intend to remain optimistic about it and cross my fingers for good things in October, such as passing my midterms. Thank God I have a job with such understanding people who allow me to take a week and a half off of work to study and whatnot, I love that place; great people, great environment.
On another note, I plan to FINALLY start my first music blog! I am trying my best to make it perfect, the thing is I lack time as you all know. Bear with me and I promise you’ll love it; at least I hope you will. Anyway on this beautiful Friday night I am sitting here with no homework, so guess what I have been doing? Going through my iTunes, in which I found tons of songs that I totally forgot about. I found bands that I haven’t listened to since high school, even junior high! All Time Low, Taking Back Sunday, Rise Against; man the list just goes on and on. It made me happy but I also find it amusing that my iTunes consist of the most random bands put together; I have stuff from Streetlight Manifesto and Mustard Plug to stuff like Hot Chelle Rae and Allstar Weekend or here’s another fun example Metallica and I Set My Friends On Fire to Bright Eyes and ‘50s songs; great music nonetheless!
One of my favorite things to do aside from writing and whatnot is making playlist for different moods. It’s awesome cause sometimes people even want a copy of my playlist cause it may help them feel better or maybe it’s just really good music that they enjoy. Have you ever noticed when couples break up one tends to drown themselves in sappy love tunes? Then they lie there in the bed of tears that they made and wonder why they don’t feel any better. I truly don’t understand why that is, believe me I am guilty of it myself but why? Why do we choose to make to ourselves feel lower than dirt? Well my friend that just happens to be one of life’s mysteries that will continue to remain unanswered. Who knows, maybe someday someone will find a solution but until that day arrives, I do believe that I have made a quick fix.
I am a music junkie, I hear a song find out who sings it and download it. Most of the music I listen to are different genres of rock, whether it may be Alternative, Ska, Pop, Punk, Indie, etc., I love it all. You have probably have heard me mention this before but my iPod is my best friend, it contains my soul inside, as cliché as that may sound, it’s true. With that given fact, after continuously listening to my iPod over time, I have found multiple songs in which I find to be, if not inspirational then motivating. This very playlist have helped me a great deal emotionally and I truly believe it will help those in need up some uplifting, for those who care to give a listen, here you go.
Feel Better:
The Middle- Jimmy Eat World
Happier- A Fine Frenzy
Perfect- Pink
Hate (I Really Don’t Like You)- Plain White T’s
Goodnight Goodnight- Hot Hot Heat
Keep Your Head Up- Andy Grammar
White Horse- Taylor Swift
Superb***h- Authority Zero
Hot ‘n Cold- Katy Perry
Love Drunk- Boys Like Girls
Float On- Modest Mouse
Revenge- Plain White T’s
You- Mustard Plug
Firework- Katy Perry
Count On Me- Bruno Mars
Heart Hurts- Hot Chelle Rae
Set Fire To The Rain- Adele
Stronger- Britney Spears
Mean- Taylor Swift
Since You’ve Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson
A Red Rubber Ball- Streetlight Manifesto
King of Anything- Sara Bareilles
Cough Syrup- Young The Giant
Jumper- Third Eye Blind
Survive- Rise Against
Last but most certainly not least,
A Better Place, A Better Time- Streetlight Manifesto
I guarantee that if you had a cd with these exact songs, you’re sadness and pain will somehow float away. Sometimes listening to certain songs is the nudge you need to walk away from the ‘what ifs’, and I hope I have helped in one way or another because no one should spend time crying over spilled milk. What’s done is done and there is no turning back. Smile because the past is slowly floating away, say goodbye to September and hello to October!
-alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment