Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A letter to [insert name here]:



To the boy who broke my heart, the true friends who turned out to not be so true, the ones who talked bad about me and to the ones who told me I couldn’t I want to take the time to say thank you. Thank you because you have unknowingly helped me grow into the person I am today.

Not to throw myself a pity party but these past 5 months have not exactly been a trip to Disneyland  and I have unwillingly trudged my way along this path day by day hoping things would get better. I had days where I would just cry and not want to do anything and then I had days where things felt like they were getting better only to fall back down again; I was love drunk and maybe a bit naïve with who I trusted.

Now looking back at those days I smile knowing that emotionally I have a new sense of perception and consequently I am officially letting go of everything that came with the breakup, the friendships that weren’t and the negative things that were said about myself and am living for today because today is the one thing I have control over. Granted I know everything is not peachy keen, 100 percent perfect, maybe a mere 85 percent and I know I will still have days where I fall but nonetheless I am willing to walk on this road alone, with nothing but my iPod and earphones.

As long as I have music in my life and my ability to interpret the lyrics, life is going to be just fine. I used to be love drunk, now I’m hung over; I loved you forever but forever is over. And that is something we have to live with and I am pleased to say I am perfectly fine with it.


-alicia.


No comments:

Post a Comment