Monday, August 1, 2011

Even if things get too heavy we'll all float on...



On July 1st we were notified that due to budget cuts, a few of our employees will be let go. All throughout July I was terrified at the thought of losing my job, though fortunately I was safe however unfortunately a good friend of mine was not. Even so, she had the best attitude I have ever seen about the situation and on her last day she wrote on our “attendance board” (as I like to call it) “stick a fork in me, I’m done!”. She is truly an awesome person and because of her my eyes have been opened to a new perspective on things.

Endings are tough. Thank you captain obvious, right but if you really think about it endings aren’t as tough as starting a new beginning. No I lied, beginnings are easy but the moment in between has to be what is tough because that is the moment when you are truly lost. It is the moment where you don’t know if you should hold on to what could have been and wonder if there is still a chance something could be or if you should let go and move on. In my opinion it is one of the hardest decisions you will have to make in your life and truth be told you will have to make it more than once.

No matter how hard it is, I have come to learn that there is always something better waiting at the end of the road. Yes it is quite painful to know that the routine you have grown accustomed to now have road blocks with a “do not enter” sign blocking it but don’t let that stop you. Take a deep breath, let it out and go the other direction. Take this as an opportunity to let go and try something new and adventurous and while you’re doing so remember that if you don’t know where you’re going any road will take you there.

Don’t be afraid of your future just ask God for the strength to accept it and let go of your past. Don’t forget to smile as you’re letting go because as you’re doing so, you’re proving to yourself that anything is possible even when it seems impossible. Life is unpredictable but with that being said keep in mind that every bad situation has something positive; even a stopped clock is correct twice a day. But as you close this chapter in your life and begin to start a new one just know that you were put on this earth for a reason, just don’t give up no matter how many times the door slams in your face, there will always be another.

-alicia.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and uplifting blog. :)
    In case I can't figure out how to post it elsewhere, I HEART Audrey Hepburn!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naddy you're awesome! :D
    sorry I killed the mystery of your anonymous comment :)

    ReplyDelete