Friday, August 31, 2012

August is Over.

I decided to do one last summer post, even though technically my summer ended two weeks ago. Now if you’re following Stephen Gomez on Twitter or Instagram (or both) you would have seen that he tweeted a picture he posted to Insta about the top five albums that defined his summer.
While I was looking at the albums he listed I was instantly inspired to do something similar but I wanted to do more than post a picture “PicStitching” a few album covers together. So not only am I going to post the songs and album covers but I’ll also write a few snippets here or there, let’s see how this goes. J

Summer 2012 Top 5.
Walking the Dog by Fun.
Like We Did (Windows Down) by The Maine
Tongue Tied by Grouplove
Where Your Heart Belongs by RadioDriveBy
Someone for Everyone by This Century and Austin Gibbs

Walking the Dog, is a song from Fun.’s freshman album, Aim and Ignite and even though Some Nights was released as a single this summer, I can’t help but say that I enjoyed this one a lot more. Don’t get me wrong, all their songs are amazing but Walking the Dog is just really upbeat and more “summer like” to me, if that makes any sense.
Like We Did (Windows Down) had to be one of my favorite songs this summer and no it’s not just because I saw The Maine on the NA Pioneer tour. Okay well that might actually have a lot to do with why it’s on my top five especially considering the second verse, see as follows:

We turned the music loud
when we drive right through the town
Oh, we rolled the windows down
so the cops won't come around
T-t-t-take me to the time when things were fine
it’s all broken now
but always keep in mind, things are fine
and we'll figure it out”
Yeah, that says summer to me.
Where Your Heart Belongs is probably one of the cutest songs I have heard all summer, lyrically speaking of course. I know it was released in March but I didn’t really listened to it until about a month ago and I instantly fell in love with it. There isn’t really much to be said about it, just listen.
Grouplove’s Tongue Tied was my anthem. No not really but I did see the music video every single morning as I got ready for work on vh1’s Jumpstart and truth be told it made me want to throw a party! Summer enough, yet?
Last but not least, Someone for Everyone by This Century featuring Austin Gibbs was released on iTunes a couple of weeks ago and I have been belting it out loud ever since. It’s THIS CENTURY and AUSTIN GIBBS, need I say more? Check it.
So that’s it, my top 5 of the summer and I know along the way as I hear these songs I will remember Summer 2012. Now as I am here writing this, procrastinating homework as per usual and I realize August is over and as We the Kings once said, “The summer nights are dead, the fall is coming we were careless hearts who got caught up in this….” Why? Well because August is Over. 



September, I'll see you when I wake up.

xoxo,
alicia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment