Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hellos, fractures and girlfriends; wait what?


Long time no talk, I apologize for that. I don’t know what it is but I just can’t get myself to write as much as I used to anymore, it’s not that I am not inspired because over the course of the past couple of months I have been inspired on countless occasions. It’s not time, well sometimes it is but this past week I've has quite a bit of free time and it’s not lack of desire because if it were up to me I would drop out of school, quit my job and sit here
writing for you all each and every day. Realistically speaking, that would be irresponsible, yeah I know I know but whatever it may be let’s put it on the back burner and start anew. Here’s a little recap of my life has been consumed of since August 31, 2012; enjoy.
Six days after my last entry, I attended Reel Big Fish’s concert at the Marquee Theater. Now before I get into further details about that show, I want to make it clear that I have been attending concerts since I was 16, three to four times a year and have never gotten hurt, the worst that has happened was dehydration in 117 degree Warped Tour heat this past summer. Okay back to the story, I fractured my thumb during that show because a few idiots weren't aware of the designated “mosh pit” area and started on right in the front row where I was standing. I suppose I too should be considering an idiot seeing as I didn't realize my thumb was in the barricade until I was pushed one way and my thumb went the other. I thought it was just a sprain until two days later my thumb was purple and swollen. After I went in I found out that it was fractured I had to wear this splint type cast for six weeks which I finally got off a couple of days ago. You never realize how much you need your thumb till it is immobilized for awhile but on the bright side I am now as free as a bird, well not really seeing as birds don’t have thumbs but you get what I’m saying.




I was surprised at the amount of emotion that I wanted to express while watching AFADB as well as actually being able to stand in front of, meet and hug the members of The Maine. They’re wonderful and quite humble, which is something most people wouldn't  expect to happen coming from a band; thankfully I have not encounter “douche bag” band members. I almost forgot to mention the fact that all five members of The Maine signed my cast type splint, definitely won’t be getting rid of that any time soon.
I attended Taking Back Sunday’s Tell All Your Friends Ten Year Anniversary tour last Sunday when they rolled by good ol’ Arizona. Unfortunately for me, I didn't enjoy it one bit by no fault of TBS of course. Last time I saw Taking Back Sunday I was unable to enjoy them because they were performing during the time I was dehydrated due to 117 degree heat; lame. This time was no exception; I experienced the cramps from Hell and pretty much wanted hit and yell at people all night while crying. I couldn't even stand up and well long story short I had to leave, cries at life.
Other than those rad events I don’t think I've done anything worthy of writing about but let’s hope that changes after tomorrow night; I’m seeing The Summer Set, The Downtown Fiction and All Time Low and I am expecting nothing less than amazing because TSS and DTF. What else? Uh the election is coming up and it is my first time having the privilege of voting for president so we’ll see how that goes. I’m seeing The Maine again on the 24th, which is also my dad’s birthday and more importantly STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO IS COMING TO ARIZONA DECEMBER F’N 1ST!!!!!
Anyway that’s all for tonight and hopefully I’ll be more interesting on the next recap, till then here's old RBF; tee tee why el.
-alicia.


No comments:

Post a Comment