Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stay Strong because Everything's Fine.

Demi Lovato’s “Stay Strong” special aired recently on MTV and though I have not had the chance to watch it I have seen the impact it has had on people. Everyone is down in the dumps crying and depressed furthermore I feel like I should say something but then again who would listen to me?

Life is hard; there are many obstacles to overcome. Everyday kids and teens are bullied, going through family issues, going through a breakup, feel alone, cut, don’t eat, and feel the need to give in to society’s expectations and the horrible thing is adults seem to brush it off and say “things aren't that bad”, which makes them feel like no one cares. That's not right, whatever it may be it’s YOUR battle and there is no size limit on battles to make them important. Never let anyone tell you otherwise and if they do, brush it off and don’t give them the time of day. I may not know exactly what you’re going through but I can promise you I've been there. I've cried myself to sleep and was a living zombie at one point of time in my life but eventually I overcame the issues that made me the way I was. I’ve done stuff that I am not proud of and have scars that shouldn’t be there but in the end all of it was a learning experience.
It saddens me when I read tweets or see Facebook statuses with the most depressing things but it breaks my heart when people actually reblog this nonsense on Tumblr, like these statuses on Facebook and follow and retweet the tweets of “Emo quotes” or similar Twitter accounts. It hurts to know that those girls/ guys feel that they have no one to turn to so they beat themselves lower and roll with it. However the fact that people actually take the time to make “emo” twitter accounts breaks my heart more than it should.
No one should condone these accounts especially when they are feeling this way. If you feel like you cannot talk to anyone and no one cares about you just remember I care no matter what your age, gender, race or sexual orientation is; love for another life has no limits. I have a Twitter and Facebook account and you could message me on any of them you could even email me if you wish and just know that I am here to listen.
Of course if you don’t want to talk to me there are hotlines you could call and maybe you should definitely give To Write Love on Her Arms a look but if you don’t feel like you need anyone to talk to why not journal it? It helps, trust me and while you’re at it give these songs a listen and remember you are not alone nor will you ever be because as long as I am on this earth, you will always have an ear to talk to.
Don’t be afraid to cry, it doesn’t mean you’re weak it just means you’ve held on for far too long.  Good things will happen in due time, just be strong not because someone has told you to but because  you’re beautiful/ handsome, amazing, perfect and have been put on this earth to do amazing things and I can’t wait for the day that you find out what it is. I love you each and every one of you <3


xoxo,
alicia.

3 comments:

  1. I love this , absolutely !! You literally spoke my heart. Exactly how i feel. So glad to see , there are people like you in this world :)
    You are truly beautiful and amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing piece of writing and I'm so glad you are willing to talk about it and actually remind people that it's okay not to be okay because they are not alone <3

    Also, we're here for you and everyone who wants to talk
    @dontloseurgrip http://dlyg.chrisselle.com

    ReplyDelete