Friday, January 4, 2013

A late goodbye and an even later hello.

Another day is halfway gone and as I sit here with the Arizona sun beaming on my face, admiring the beauty behind this scene,  I’ve come to realization that my past two entries weren’t exactly a good way to enter 2013 blog wise. Come to think of it I didn’t even have a proper goodbye so if you care to give this a gander, this is my farewell to 2012, enjoy!

In 2012 I…

Turned 21,
Got over my fear of flying,
Got two tattoos,
Attended amazing concerts,
Made new friends through mutual love of music,
Started Must Be the Music; I should probably start writing there again,
Stepped out of my comfort zone,
Traveled to more than one state for the hell of it,
Met someone who is now one of my closest friends,
Broke my thumb,
Attended an amazing retreat called Search,
Found a new relationship with God,
Hit “one year”,
Had purple hair,
Had bright red hair,
Currently have brown hair again,
Met amazing musicians,
Voted in the Presidential Election for the first time,
Made an impact on someone with my writing.

I am beaming with bliss because I have the ability to say 2012 was good to me, sure it had its ups and downs, as does any year but it was amazing nonetheless. I managed to make new friends, experience new things; take risks I normally wouldn’t have taken and somehow end up here, wanting to do more than last year. Thank you 2012 for one of the greatest years I've encountered, these memories are definitely one for the books.

2013, I know it’s too soon to judge so I will let this past week slide. All I ask from you is that you be good to me; here’s to new challenges, new stories, new reasons to love and laugh, new beginnings, new endings and new in betweens.
This is going to be rad and now to end this with my anthem of 2012, We Are Young.

xoxo,
alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment