Monday, November 5, 2012

dumb and fearless, wait i chickened out.

Last night I attended the Rock Show at the End of the World tour and as of this moment I could honestly say that it has moved its way into my top three favorite concerts. However this entry isn't going to be a recap/ review of that show, this is going to be about my encounter with one fifth of The Summer Set.

I seriously cannot express my love for The Summer Set and how much they mean to me; they've saved me in ways I didn't think were possible. I think if I had the opportunity to actually tell them the way I feel about them as opposed to giving John the letter I wrote I probably would have cried hysterically and made a fool out of myself. Obviously I had the opportunity since he was standing right in front of me and talking to me but I guess nerves got the best of me so I chickened out and showed him my Everything’s Fine tattoo instead. Among other things of course but still a part of me wishes I told him, I seriously have so much love for The Summer Set it’s unbelievable. I wish you all could have seen the look on John’s face when I told him I wrote a letter and before I could say anything he pulled me in for a hug and said “You’re amazing for this and I promise you I will read this.”, he just seemed so appreciative of the fact that I took the time to do that. I wish I could go back to experience that moment all over again, is that greedy? Oh well.
Another reason John Gomez is amazing is he did my voice mail greeting for me, which was a fun moment to look back on as well. In case you’re wondering, yes I have called myself multiple times just to hear John’s voice and I know that is creepy but as of right now, I own up to that title entirely. ;)
I know this doesn't really express my love for John, the rest of TSS and the reason why I say they've saved me emotionally and even though there has been more than enough time that has passed since the “incidents” I am not ready to tell everyone that story just yet. What’s important is the fact that I got it off my chest and put it all in a letter which was given to John. I can only hope that he kept his word and read the letter and if not there is always next time and maybe then I‘ll be brave enough to tell them in person.
With that being said, I shall leave you with my favorite TSS song from their Christmas EP, I mean it’s socially acceptable for me to listen to it considering the fact that it’s November right? Whatevs, here it is anyway and remember everything’s fine. <3

love you all,
alicia.


No comments:

Post a Comment