Monday, August 18, 2014

monday night vibes.



Sometimes all you need is a pretty lantern for your candle and a good vinyl. I literally just posted that as a caption on a video I posted on instagram but I stand by it.

It's been a weird day for me. Not necessarily bad, but weird, not to mention quite long. So naturally I am currently lying in bed, with my candle lit in my new favorite lantern, as my favorite Beach House album, Bloom plays on vinyl in the background. After a weird day like today, good vibes are always appreciated.

It's been awhile since I've written here, a long while actually. I've been a bit preoccupied with life's obstacles lately. I recently recieved a promotion at work, one that I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about. Don't get me wrong, I love that my superiors have faith that I will achieve in this position and that I will break the barriers that need to be broken but it can feel a little intimidating being the youngest individual at these "big meetings." I know for the most part I am doing what I do best, over thinking the situation.

I've also been writing for Musicholics4U. It's been a great learning experience however, my time has finally come to an end with that chapter of my story. Wednesday, my last article/ review for the website will be posted. It's bittersweet. I did enjoy it for the most part, but it's time that I focus on finishing school rather than contemplating on whether or not I should just stop attending and focus on writing and work.

I know that all sounds bitter, which is basically how my brain has been functioning as of lately. Hopefully you understand my mini hiatus now. 

Be that as it may, my days haven't been all bad. There have been tons of good days, and if you follow my instagram, you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, here's basically three things I post constantly:

1. Where I am currently sitting at in Chase Field
2. Vinyl vibes.
3. Rainy drives.

There's also pictures from my San Diego vacation that I took 4th of July weekend with my family as well as concert pictures from Fall Out Boy, who I saw a couple of weeks ago. 

Weird how I started this post talking about instagram and somehow ended up talking about it again, later. I just made a circle, which seems like a good place to end this. The weird just keeps on getting weirder. Anyway, thanks for dealing with my constant rambling, take care all!

xo, alicia.



No comments:

Post a Comment