Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Simplicity of a Not So Simple Alicia.



 I like to think of myself as a simple gal.
I don't ask for much, nor do I desire it.

I'd choose a book over a designer bag
and daisies over roses.

I'm the girl who would be perfectly content if a date 
consisted of a night of Netflix or a night time adventure
as opposed to going to an expensive dinner and shopping spree.

The girl who is far more impressed by 
the intelligence and aspirations of a man
rather than what may reside in his wallet.

I'm the girl who can literally lay there 
for hours listening to music and get lost within.

The girl who will literally cry if a book or song
touches her heart and speaks to her.

I'm the girl who wears a lot of dresses and 
lots of leggings with oversized sweaters.

The girl who obsesses over the weirdest things.
Harry Potter and Alice in Wonderland; 
Vampire Weekend and Tegan & Sara to name a few.

I'm the girl who believes that no matter how 
bad things get in the end, everything's fine.

The girl who still hurts occasionally but is recovering.

The girl who truly believes, 
no matter how many times she's been let down,
that there is still some good in people.

Sometimes I'm the girl who gets her
heart broken and cries until she can't anymore.

But I'm still the girl who believes in love.

The girl who believes we all have someone in this world 
made just for us; a soulmate.

The girl who believes in love at first sight.

I'm the girl who truly believes that the
"happily ever afters"
aren't so happy without the struggles in between.

I am a dreamer
and an optimist.

I'm simple yet complicated;
tough yet fragile; smart yet naive.

Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning but in the end
I'm the just the girl who wants daisies in her hair,
tea in her cup and love in her heart.

xo, alicia.


No comments:

Post a Comment