Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stitches, Piercings and Cosplay; Goodbye January!

Seeing as January is just about finished and February is just around the corner, I figured I would do a small recap. Because my life is oh so interesting, she said sarcastically. I'm sure by now you're all probably used to me not writing as much and I apologize for that however this time, I am actually working on a piece that I am really excited about publishing. I just have a few more ends to tie then it'll be ready! In the mean time here is what I've been up to this month.

I mentioned briefly on my last post that I recieved 8 stitches on New Year's day. To make a long story short, I stepped onto uneven ground and fell onto a garden hoe which cut my leg open. Thus needing the 8 stitches. I cannot stress enough how bad this healing process sucks, I haven't been able to run all month and it kind of blows.It's scabbing now though, fun fact, so I will attempt to go this week.

A week after that I got my nose pierced. It's something I've been wanting to do since last February but unfortunately for me, something always came up. But that's besides the point, it's done now and I love it! Oh fun fact, it hurt SO BAD!

I attended my first Comic Con on Saturday (yesterday), with my nerd of a boyfriend. He decided we should dress up as Batman villains which resulted in him being Two Face and me attempting to be Harley Quinn. I tried, it wasn't as great as others but hey, like I said, I tried! I'm not going to lie, at times I felt a little insecure because I am obviously not as attractive as most of these chicks and their enormous boobs made mine look nonexistent. Believe me when I say that that is NOT an exaggeration. I had a good time nonetheless, it was a different environment for me and I thought it was so rad seeing all these people dressed up as characters from various shows, comics, movies, etc. If you're asking if I would ever attend again the answer is yes, I definitely would.

So those are basically the moments worth noting. I've had sweet hangs with friends and family in between and have been bombarded with endless amount of work and homework at the same time. I suppose we shall see what the week and February bring me, hopefully more good times and not so much of the bad ones. A girl can dream. ;) I shall leave you with Vampire Weekend, as per usual, because not only do I love them but they're nominated for a GRAMMY tonight; I know, I feel like a proud mother! Also be sure to check out my Best Albums of 2013 post on Buzznet, it's not my best work but I'm proud of it anyway! :)

xo, alicia.


No comments:

Post a Comment