Sunday, October 6, 2013

Recapping on Concerts and Life

Hi guys, it's been forever and I apologize for that. I thought I should share with you what's been going on the past week weeks/months. So if you're still interested in reading what I have to write, I think I'll start with August because I really haven't gone into detail about life or concerts so this is just going to be a recap of what I've failed to write about. So let's get to it! :)


August:
-So as you all know, I am obsessed with going to concerts and my sisters are the same way. One of the bands they were obsessed with growing up were the Jonas Brothers, they were in love with them. I would make fun of them but that wouldn't make much sense seeing as I was/am like that with many bands then and now. Anyway, after the JoBros got off hiatus and went back on tour of course my sisters bought tickets and ended up having two extra soooooo yes, I saw the Jonas Brothers in concert. It was actually a really fun show though, I had a blast even though I only knew their really old stuff. They along with the crowd had such good energy and my sisters finally lived their childhood dream so that was rad!

-I said goodbye to purple hair, for good. At least I hope it's for good, I fear purple dye relapsing sometimes though. Horribly put, I apologize but I am now redish orangish head now!

-Another thing that happened in August was the coolest thing, one of my favorite bands, The Summer Set partnered up with the Arizona Diamondbacks and put on a meet and greet and acoustic show along with game access. A portion of the proceeds went the the children's hospital which I thought was pretty rad. It was a good time despite the fact that the Dbacks lost.

September:
-I FINALLY SAW FUN. LIVE!!! Oh and guess who opened for them? That's right baby, Tegan and Sara! I had a great time plus it was the third time I saw T&S this year but not my favorite show of theirs considering how bad the crowd was, I hate when that happens. Good vibes nonetheless.

-I made the decision to miss RaRaRiot, Jimmy Eat World, The Lumineers and The Maine because I am trying to slow my roll with spending money on concerts and decided I can only pay a lot to see ONE band I love this month (I bought my FUN. ticket back in February) seeing as school is so expensive. Which brings me to my next item of September...

-I FINALLY SAW VAMPIRE WEEKEND! I have loved them for years and I will admit I wasn't a fan at first but I eventually grew to love them with my entire being. The crowd, the set, EVERYTHING was amazing and it was hands down THE BEST show I've gone to this year. You could read all about it here! Oh and the raddest thing happened after, I MET VAMPIRE WEEKEND! Such nice dudes, so humble and sweet and now a wave of post concert depression just collapsed on me.

-I started writing for Buzznet.com to branch out as a "music journalist". It's a way to get my foot in the door so if you can all hope for the best for me, that'd be swell! :) Almost all my post have been featured including my most recent which got featured on their homepage, it's pretty sweet stuff. You can check out my page here.

October:
-I was studying for midterms all week and took the actual exams Thursday and Friday. So if you're wondering why my face is so horribly blemished with acne, that's why. School makes me stress, stress makes me break out, breaking out makes me stress which causes me to break out even more. Fun stuff.

That brings us to today.

Nothing new has happened yet, I have nothing planned in my near future aside from school and work so we'll see how that goes. I probably won't write again til I actually have something to write about. As always, I love you all for continuing to be avid supporters of my writing and I thank you for the kind emails from those who don't necessarily follow me here (because they don't have a blog) but come back and read. That takes effort and I am so appreciative of that. I am leaving you with some soothing vibes from Vampire Weekend.

Infinite x's and o's,
alicia.


No comments:

Post a Comment